My profession started as a hobby. I am now a full fledged software engineer, with knowledge spacing from backend to frontend.
This page summarizes my work experience and my tech skills.
My tech skills
- Scala (It’s my favorite!)
- Typescript (If I really must)
- Spring (13 years of experience and counting)
- Akka (akka-actors, akka-streaming, akka-http)
- Junit, Mockito, Wiremock, TestContainers, Scalatest
- React with Typescript (yeah frontend too)
- CD/CI with Github Actions and Heroku
- Application of OAuth2 with Spring, Akka, React, Keycloak, Quarkus
- I love EventSourcing, and introduced it into my workplace, with great results
- Functional programming enthusiast, I completed the online specialization by EPFL:
- Agile software development: the teams I’ve worked with all use SCRUM, I can keep the backlogs, write and estimate user stories, create epics, master the stand-up or retrospectives
Also: Fast in understanding arcane code and in bug-solving
|March 2020 - Current||BOOM! Imagestudio S.P.A. as senior software engineer, analyst and recruiter|
|December 2016 - March 2020||Previnet S.P.A. as Software Architect|
|July 2009 - December 2016||Datapiano S.R.L. as full stack developer|
|November 2014 - July 2015||Creator and maintainer of the website for Teatro Metropolitano Astra|
Honorable mention: I worked on the Slándáil project which brought me all over Europe, meeting many interesting people who taught me a lot.
In the past years, especially recently, I have acquired a good set of skills, and in a working day I am not only developing software, but I have come to accept more complex tasks and responsibilities such as
- gathering requirements from the product owners
- talking with stakeholders to propose alternative solutions to speed up processes
- studying solutions to solve problems balancing speed and extensibility
- writing user stories and tidying up the sprint backlog
- cooperating with external partners in order to connect or provide APIs
- mediating stand-ups, retrospectives, backlog refinement meetings, etc.
At first I attended the Liceo Classico E. Montale in my hometown, San Donà di Piave, then I decided that technology and science were my real interests in life, so I attended and graduated in Biomedical engineering with a bachelor’s degree @ the Università degli Studi di Padova, in 2016.
The classical studies have taught me how to think and how to study. The university increased my scientific knowledge and guided me in my first steps in the technological field, but my real skills have been developed over the years with the constant practice, countless hours spent at the PC “reinventing the wheel”, testing out new stuff, and at my workplace.
I like to think my path in the IT knowledge will never end, there’s always something new and exciting to discover, and I’ll be there when the time comes.